I LOVE Teriyaki Chicken…but I HATE preservatives and chemicals in my food. Therefore I make it a habit to cook from scratch as much as possible.
I have a Wok that I received as a gift some 20 years ago and my husband and I used it maybe twice! Just didn’t have the knack for it and with a family of 6, I just can’t muster up the time to attempt it again. So, when I came across this wonderful Baked Teriyaki Chicken recipe from Chicken Recipes: Easy and Delicious Chicken Recipes To Prepare During The Week! which I downloaded to my Kindle from Amazon , I was thrilled to ditch the Wok once again!
I chose to add broccoli and some sesame seeds, but there are so many variations to try. Enjoy!
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. ginger, ground
- 1 tbsp. water, cold
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup vinegar, cider
- ½ cup artificial sweetener (I use Xylitol or cane sugar)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 chicken thighs, skinless
- Mince the garlic.
- Cook all the ingredients, except the chicken, over low heat.
- Let simmer while stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Baste the chicken with the prepared mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Re-baste every 10 minutes while baking.
- Let cool and serve.