Have you ever made Pillsbury’s Perfect Apple Pie before? That added lemon is incredibly refreshing with a slight tart kick at the end of each bite. I varied the quantities slightly and adjusted the directions while adding cloves to spice it up a bit more!
So this Christmas, why not add this version to your dessert table?!
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
- ¾ cup sugar (or Xylitol)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup crushed plain cereal (rice krispies, corn flakes, or cheerios)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients and let sit while you prepare the pie plate.
- Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- Sprinkle crushed cereal evenly over bottom of pie plate.
- Spoon apple mixture into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
- Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 25 minutes and then remove the aluminum foil and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool on cooling rack before serving.