Pineapple Sweet Potato Casserole
I make two round casserole dishes with this - one with the yummy pecan topping and the other one with marshmallows for those who can't have nuts. This is my most requested Thanksgiving recipe!
Author: Good Steward Sisters
Recipe type: Holiday Cooking
Cuisine: Side Dish
- 2 (1 lb.) cans of sweet potatoes or yams, drained or 3 cups sweet potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 small can crushed pineapple (drained well)
- Small bag of small marshmallows
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Drain sweet potatoes and put in a large mixing bowl and hand mash them with a fork.
- Add in sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix all with a mixer until slightly smooth. Add drained pineapple.
- Put in two round casserole dishes. One you will add the topping below, the other one you will add small marshmallows on top.
- Bake 25 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and mix in remaining ingredients. Sprinkle on top of potato mixture.